Sunday, April 18, 2010

This past weekend was both productive and relaxing. On Saturday, I came to school at 1pm to meet my co-teacher. I got fitted for my school's athletic uniform. Then, Marrisa took me to the ENT (ear, nose and throat) doctor. We had to wait for about 15 minutes, because it was the doctor's lunch break when we arrived. To Marrisa, this was a ridiculously long time to wait at the doctor... to me, it was a miraculously short time to wait. Our medical systems are SO different. When my name was called, I walked in to see a man who looked about 22 years old. I thought he was a nurse or assistant, but he was the doctor! Super nice... he tried to speak to me in Korean, but when he realized I couldn't understand he switched to English. I was thankful we could understand each other somewhat. He looked in my throat, and used a machine to suck a bunch of junk out of my nasal passages. I could breath a lot easier after that. He prescribed Nasonex and a plethora of other pills. I think he told me my diagnosis, but I couldn't understand. I don't really care what the problem is, as long as there's a solution! Anyway, the doctor didn't seem too concerned so that's a good sign. $3 later, we were on our way (prescriptions in hand). Again, I love the Korean medical system! Marrisa took me out to lunch at an authentic Korean restaurant by the school. Then she went home, and I went walking for a few hours, exploring the library some more and the park. It was a perfect day to be outside. On Sunday, I walked around Lake Soyoung for over 2 hours. It was supposed to rain, but I stayed dry :)

No comments:

Post a Comment