Sunday, April 11, 2010

Today I walked for three hours... I should have brought my camera, because I saw so many beautiful and amazing things!

I followed the Gongjicheon River and found Lake Soyoung. Around the lake, there are many parks and walking paths. It's great! I will definitely be going back there frequently. Very peaceful.

I also happened upon the public library. It's nice and modern, about 4 stories (no pun intended). I only explored the first floor, which is the children's books. There is a whole section with English books! I stayed and read a few :)

Then I went and sat outside on a wooden swing (the kind you'd call a porch swing). I enjoyed the sunshine and watched a squirrel jump from tree to tree! I was really amazed at that little guy.

Then I came home and grabbed the lunch I'd packed earlier: brown rice, seaweed, raisins and almonds, and went to school. There is a nice outside area with benches, so I was there for about 2 hours, eating my lunch and studying.

I came home and talked with Jason for a bit, then walked to Emart. I ran into the special education assistant teacher - she's awesome! This is the second time I've seen her there on a Sunday (and come to think of it, I was wearing the same exact outfit last time ha). I bought some milk, tofu and bean sprouts (they were taped together, good deal!), Special K (had a water pitcher taped to the box... as you can tell, free gifts are commonly included with purchases!), Activia yogurt, and my favorite little 5-grain high-fiber crackers.

As I was walking home, my grocery bag (which I've been reusing for apparently too long now) ripped. Luckily, I caught it before everything went falling out the bottom, and I had an empty cloth bag with me so I just stopped and transfered everything into the cloth bag ;)

I saw so many of my students throughout the day. I saw Jinho riding his bike, then at the park I saw our of my little guys, and walking back from school I saw one of my really shy girls. I love that I can go walk around and see so many people I know! All together, I think I saw 7 familiar faces today (if you don't count the Emart employees who are definitely familiar faces to me haha).

The weather was sweet today. Just perfect. Maybe I will get somewhat tan?

No comments:

Post a Comment